Oklahoma Attorney General - www.oag.ok.gov
Oklahoma Attorney General - www.oag.ok.gov

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my out-of-state concealed weapon permit valid when I travel through Oklahoma?

Answer:21 O.S. 1290.26 provides the following: The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.

Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must be carried fully concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state.

Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state. Oklahoman travelling out-of-state? - OSBI

Oklahoma Attorney General - www.oag.ok.gov

|313 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 | OKC 405.521.3921| Tulsa 918.581.2885 |